So you’re starving for freefall and ready to become your own skydiver? AWESOME! But before we haul you up to 13,000′ and toss you out of the plane alone, we’ve got to expand your growing skydive knowledge. Luckily for you, Kamloops Skydivers have over 50 years of teaching people how it’s done (and we’re pretty darn good at it). We’ve got plenty of JM’s, SSI’s and C1’s to help you along the way.
Gradual Freefall Program
Gradual Freefall (GFF) is designed to turn you into a competent skydiver.
This progression method is tailored to provide a “gradual” transition to freefall skydiving.
During the progression of the GFF, you’ll complete all of the CSPA Requirements (see right) for your Solo Certificate.
The GFF program:
- costs $100 per jump – includes gear rental, coaching, and jump
- You will wear, deploy and operate your own parachute system, using a Ram-Air (square) parachute like the one you used on your First Jump Course
- Exit the aircraft from higher and higher altitudes as you progress
- Perform assigned maneuvers, with which you will gain understanding of aircraft exits, altitude awareness, freefall body position, and canopy control
- Deploy your own parachute
- Fly your own parachute to a safe landing
- First Jump
- Awareness Jump
- Paper Pull x 2
- Clear and Pull
- 3 Second Freefall
- 5 Second Freefall
- 10 Second Freefall
- 15 Second Freefall x 2
- 20 Second Freefall x 2
- 30 Second Freefall x 2
- Canopy Control
- Self-guided Landing
- Landing Patterns
- Gear Checks
- Spotting the plane
- Planning your jump
- Emergency Cutaway Procedures
- Emergency Procedures
“Parachutist Information Manuals” (PIMS) are your source for all the technical aspects to skydiving and will be a great aid no matter what level skydiver you are.
PIMS All of the PIMS are freely available here.
When working towards your ‘SOLO’, check out:
(Please note, some browsers don’t allow linked to jump to specified pages in pdfs)
Of course, to get your Solo you’ll need to fill out the paper work.
The Solo Application lists all of the requirements to earn your Solo. Also attached to the application is the verbal test which a Coach will go through with you after your Check Out Jump.